Saturday, September 23, 2023

Couples Trip: Destin & Fort Walton Florida

 Jon and I had the opportunity to go on another weekend away together this summer and we decided to go to the Destin area of Florida.  I really wanted to go see emerald water and white sandy beaches and I'd heard good things about the Emerald Coast so that's where we decided to go and it did not disappoint! 

The hotel we picked was nice but a little too family friendly, haha.  We were just spoiled by that one Adults Only resort, I guess.  They always had lots of music and kids activities and trivia going on- which was slightly obnoxious since we didn't have our kids with us, but I'm sure they would have loved it.  The water and the beach were beautiful.  The sand was amazing- it was so white and soft and didn't even get hot!  

Highlights of the trip:

Reading by the pool: One of Jon and my's favorite things to do to relax when we have a couples getaway!  Read a good book, nap a little, cool off in the pool when hot- amazing!

Parasailing: We checked a major bucket-list item off this trip and went parasailing!  I was super freaked out to do it but excited also.  It was pretty incredible and a lot less scary than I thought it would be.  Once you are up there, even though you are so high, it hardly feels like you are moving so it's really only scary if you look down!

Santa Rosa Island:  A cool spot we found driving between Destin and Fort Walton that was right off the road and the water was super clear and shallow for a long way out and warmer than the ocean water also!

White Sands/ Clear Water: Already mentioned but worth mentioning again.  Super amazing!  I could walk out into the ocean and see everything around me!  One time I was out and this huge school of fish swam up by me and all around me for a bit.  It freaked me out a bit but was also super cool to be so close and be able to see it!

Holding a Alligator:  The establishment we went to to see alligators was definitely oversold online but it was still fun to get to hold a gator and feel its skin.  We sent to picture home to see the kids and apparently it really freaked Madi out.  She was afraid it would eat us and Megan had to keep reassuring her it wouldn't.

































































No comments:

Post a Comment