Saturday, September 23, 2023

Broken......Again.

 If there's one thing Katie has become pretty good at, it's finding new ways to break bones.  Jokes, but thats how we cope :).  Break number 4 came this Spring when Katie decided to jump out of the swing in our back yard and barrel role.  I was inside working on dishes when Katie come in, obviously upset but trying to control the tears and said, "Mom, I'm really sorry- don't be mad- but I jumped out of the swing and I heard a pop and it really hurts and I think I broke my collar bone again."  I needed a few deep breaths but, based on track record, I figured she was probably right and took her to urgent care.  Sure enough, same collar bone as last time- broken again! Katie was concerned about school and Easter activities coming up but she found a way to tough through it all.  The morning after she actually had an early morning breakfast reward at school for being a super good kid that she didn't want to miss so she still went to that even!  

When we made it to the ortho doctor he assured us there was nothing wrong with her bones, but that she was breaking them in normal ways so there was nothing to be concerned about- other than telling her to be more careful!  








No comments:

Post a Comment