Monday, January 3, 2022

Mexico Trip!

In June of 2021,  Jon and I finally got to go on a big trip together and I finally got to get a stamp on my passport.  For my first trip out of country, we went to an all-inclusive resort called Live Aqua in Cancun, Mexico.  It was amazing!  We had 5 days of time to ourselves, relaxing, pampering, sun and ocean air, all you can eat delicious food and drinks, beautiful scenery, new experiences together, adventure, and so much more!  It was fantastic!  The travel was tiring and long, and it was definitely expensive, which is always hard for two budgeters to get on board with, but it was so worth it!  My favorite part was probably hanging out in the cabana ordering pool-side service and our excursion to Selvatica where we did several zip-lines and an air-coaster through the jungle.  The only disappointment there was that I was hoping to see some monkeys or something but APPARENTLY they mostly only come out at night.  After the zip lines we got to go swimming in a cenote- a sunken cave and that was super fun, except for my last jump from the high platform when water shot up my nose and into my brain giving me a ringing headache for the next two days.  That was unfortunate.  Still, I am grateful for that experience!  It was so fun to be able to get out and experience new things and have the thrill of adventure!  Jon and I decided we definitely need to start doing these trips at least every other year.   Jon's favorite part was hanging out in the cabana reading books and the cabana foot massages.  He also really enjoyed trying new foods and all of the exotic and fancy restaurants.  He is definitely more brave at trying new foods than me!  Of course, that did come with a day of him not feeling too well...
Overall, it was an amazing trip with my best friend and I definitely can't wait to do it again!















































































































No comments:

Post a Comment