Monday, November 4, 2019

Fall Fun & Broken Collar Bones

Fall is one of my favorite seasons and we have had fun enjoying it!  We've had family visit, visited the local Orchard/Pumpkin Patch a few times, and enjoyed playing outside in the nice weather. 










Fall rainstorm

Bike ride to the park with Katie

Jag Jog at the kids' school!  I got to go run with them!


Roasting Marshmallows!







One thing we did NOT enjoy was on September 28, 2019 when Katie fell down the stairs and broke her collar bone.  No fun!!  The poor girl is just so accident prone!  She was in a lot of pain at first but it started to heal quickly and soon she was back to doing most things she was before (even if she technically wasn't supposed to yet). 


Katie was bummed that she couldn't fully participate in some of the Fall activities, like going down the slides and jumping on the jumping pillow at the Orchard a few of the times we went, but she made the best of it.  She is a trooper.  Her follow up appointment is in a few days and I think she is pretty much back to normal!  She will be excited to get back to gymnastics and her other activities like PE and riding her bike!  We just made our last visit to the Center Grove Orchard for season and we got to smash up pumpkins with a big hammer!  Katie was able to participate and smash along with us without any pain and go down all of the slides with us!  It was a good day :)






Another thing that happened this Fall was that I became a fitness instructor at Fitness World!  I am now teaching Step Aerobics a few times a month.  It is something I have been thinking about doing for awhile but I just never really thought I actually would.  Somehow, this time, when the opportunity came up, I was out of excuses for why it wouldn't work right now so I decided to push myself to do it!  It is so fun and so hard and so challenging to push myself out of my comfort zone!  I really really enjoy the choreography and feeling like I am accomplishing something and working towards something as an individual.  Being up in front of everyone and trying not to mess up is totally nerve racking and gives me stomach aches like 24 hrs in advance of teaching but I'm hoping that dies down with time and practice! Once I get past the nerves, I think I'll really enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment