Sunday, November 3, 2019

Colton's Baptism


Colton was baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints on Saturday, August 17, 2019, by his dad, Jon.  We were so proud of him for wanting to be baptized, and for actually understanding a lot more about baptism that I thought he did!

Grandma and Grandpa Day were not able to come, but we were so excited that Grandma and Grandpa Rider drove out to be there for it!  We loved the visit and it was so special to have them there for the baptism.  Uncle Mark and Aunt Jenna also drove down!  Our friends, the Klemetsons, from Davenport also came to support!  We had friends from both Ankeny wards as well.  We felt very loved :)  

Colton did a great job of being reverent with the baptism.  He and his siblings and cousins (Mark and Jenna's kids) sang "When I am Baptized" as part of the program and all did a great job!  Aunt Jenna gave a talk on baptism and Grandma Rider gave a talk on the Holy Ghost.  

Afterwards, we had people stop by our home for refreshments and chatting.  It was a fun day!  We also enjoyed the rest of our visit with my parents, who stayed a few more days after that! 

I love this gospel!  I don't always have the answers to all of my questions but I know the answers to the big ones.  I know we are children of a Heavenly Father who loves us and knows us individually.  I know He sent us here with a plan for us, and that families are central to his plan. I know that there is life after this one, and that we will be together forever with those we love.  I know that making good choices leads to blessings.  I am so excited to watch Colton's testimony grow , now that he has taken this first step! 













No comments:

Post a Comment