Tuesday, May 29, 2018

A Word About This Kid: He's Not My Baby Anymore


Is anyone else familiar with the phenomenon that occurs when you have a new baby, and all of a sudden your last "baby" grows about 2 years overnight?  When I went to bed on May 13, Mr. Zachy Pants was still my baby boy, but when I came back from the hospital after having Madi he'd grown up right before my eyes.  He was no longer my sweet baby boy that I'd try to steal snuggles with, he was full blown-toddler complete with opinions, personality, and all sorts of goofy, frustrating, and adorable quirks.  Not to mention his bum now seemed huge in comparison to Madi!  Haha.

Zach has been in a super cute phase lately, so I thought I'd take a minute to write a bit about my sweet "not so little anymore" boy.

Zach LOVES The Greatest Showman songs.  He is always requesting that I play them and when I do, he dances and does his best to sing along.  He gets really into it and it is absolutely adorable and hilarious!

He wants to do everything by himself- brush his own teeth, dress himself, get his own snacks, climb into his carseat, buckle up his carseat, etc. and when anyone tries to help him when he struggles he says, very emphatically, "No, I DO IT!"  I do draw the line, however, when it comes to letting him change his own diaper!




His favorite things to say are "What?"  and "Why?"  Almost anytime we tell him something we'll get a round of 5 or 6 of either one.  It's both adorable and very frustrating at the same time!

He adores his older brother and sister and is always putting himself right in the mix with them, wrestling, jumping, chasing, and doing all sorts of acrobatics that about give us a heart attack!  He thinks he can do anything they can do, even when he can't.  The other day I was out pushing him on our swingset and he decided to climb up the ladder to the top of the 5 1/2 foot platform.
He said, "Move.  I'm gonna jump."
I said, "Oh, no. You definitely are not going to jump!  You'll get hurt!"
Zach: "No, I won't!"
Me: "Yes, you will!  Don't jump!"
Zach: "Colton do it. I won't get hurt."
Me: "Colton is a lot bigger than you.  Don't jump.  You will definitely get hurt!"
Zach: "I won't!  Colton do it! I won't get hurt.  I won't!"
I had to grab him and pull him down before he decided the debate was over and just did it anyway!
(*Sidenote: The way he says "won't" is totally adorale.  It sounds like "weeohnt".)



He loves dinosaurs and has taken up roaring at people- especially when they tell him "no" or something that he doesn't like.  One of his favorite shows to watch is Lego Jurassic World on Netflix and often requests to watch it multiple times in a row.  He also loves building with blocks and can spend up to an hour sometimes just sitting in the front room building things by himself!  Jon has been showing the kids some of the Marvel movies lately and Zach has also taken a liking to Superheros.  His new thing is running around the house and jumping in front of people with his arm out saying, "Stop right there!"


He also loves playing in the water, swinging on the swing, and playing with nerf guns.  He is a silly kid and is always making us laugh.  He has the biggest, cutest, brown eyes, and when he combines those with his big pouty lip and a "puh-lease mommy"-he is very difficult to say 'no' to!  He can be super naughty sometimes and purposely do things he's not supposed to or bother his siblings, but he is also very tenderhearted and always comes around to saying and adorable little "Sorry" on his own, often multiple times.    He likes to give fist bumps and they always must "explode" at the end.  He gets very excited when he does something good or accomplishes something and will tell everyone around, "I did it!"






It's hard to believe that this adorable kid is not my baby anymore, but I'm going to try and make him stay my "adorable little toddler" as long as I possibly can!
Yelling "Shew" at a fly on the top of the couch :)


No comments:

Post a Comment