Thursday, June 14, 2012

Wedding Day


Jon and I were sealed for time and all eternity on May 1, 2009.   The Saturday before our wedding, April 25, I received my endowments in the Mt. Timpanogos Temple.  It was a beautiful and amazing experience.  I didn't understand much of anything but the feelings there in the temple were incredible.  There is no doubt the the temple is a house of God! My sister Jenn, my mom, Jon, his parents Paul and Janice, his sister Amberly and her husband Brett, and his brother Russ were all there to support me.
The week before the wedding I was full of worries.  I didn't have cold feet, I knew Jon was right for me.  I just kept worrying that something would happen to Jon, me, or someone in our families to prevent us from being able to get married.  Jon was staying with his family in Utah the days leading up to the wedding and I was with my family in Idaho.  Our plan was to meet at the temple the day of the wedding, as it was the central location for us anyway.  (It was about a 1 1/2 hour drive for Jon and an hour drive for me.)  That was also a cause of stress because I didn't even see Jon for a few days before the wedding and I hoped he wouldn't forget how awesome I was and decide to back out!  :)
However, despite all my worries and stress, the day finally came without incident.  I had a mild panic attack when we got into the temple and Jon didn't have our rings, but it turns out he had only left them in the car.  His mom went and grabbed them for us and I was able to calm down.  They gave Jon and I some time alone in a small room in the temple before the ceremony.  It was very beautiful and calming, although I remember thinking "Are they trying to give us one last chance to back out?"  It was good to sit there together in the beautiful temple knowing that we would soon be together forever!
The ceremony was beautiful!  I keep using that word, but honestly- everything about the temple is just beautiful!  Jon accidentally stepped on my dress during the ceremony and broke the bustle on my dress that held up my train.  It made a really loud pop sound and was a little embarrassing, but it made for a good story.  It was an interesting day having to hold my huge, heavy train everywhere we went- but that responsibility mostly fell on Jon so it wasn't too terrible for me!  We were sealed by Alve Murdock, my neighbor growing up.  It was really neat to be sealed by someone that I knew and who had seen me grow up.  He did a wonderful job!
It was a great day!  It was fun taking lots of pictures, and I felt like a princess!  My hair was all done, I had a beautiful big dress, I had my castle, and I had my prince.  It's so fun to have a day that's just for you!  That sounds really egotistical, but I think we can all be honest in admitting that we like having some attention once in awhile!
We had a luncheon for family and friends at the Moyle Community Center in my hometown Clifton, Idaho.  It was simple but delicious!  We had Papa Jays famous roast beef sandwiches and some salads.  That night we had a reception in the Clifton, Idaho LDS Church.  My colors were pink, aqua, and chocolate.  We had three small chocolate wedding cakes on towers and lots of pink gerber daisies to decorate.
It was a wonderful and one of the happiest days of my life! 
May 1, 2009 Logan, Utah LDS Temple








On the temple grounds- it was a beautiful day!



 I didn't want to pay a whole bunch of money to get bridal pictures but our photographer was nice enough to take a few on the temple grounds the day of the wedding and not charge us any extra!  It was great cause I wouldn't have wanted tons of pictures of myself anyway and this way I got a few but didn't have to pay extra!





My Prince Charming!

The Wedding Party!

No comments:

Post a Comment