Sunday, April 19, 2020

COVID-19: Social Isolation Week 5

This week has been kinda blah.  I contribute a lot of that to the weather.  It was a lot colder this week and even snowed a couple of times.  Friday morning we woke up to 4 inches of snow, but it was all gone by Friday evening.  Some of the days were super windy and that always makes it even more freezing!  New cases of corornavirus seem to be leveling off in a lot of areas so that is a positive sign!  There is also a new experimental drug out that seems to be helping a lot of patients.  We're still a long way from normal but it's always nice to have some hope!

We did find out this week, on Friday, that school will continue to be closed for the remainder of the school year.  It is hard not to be pretty bummed about it.   I can tell my kids are sad about it but they are handling it pretty well.  I might be even more upset about it than they are.  It just makes me sad to think of all they are missing but I know everyone is going through those same emotions. 

Thursday evening I did a zoom chat with my high school besties.  That was pretty fun!  It was good to see everyone and hear their voices.    It made me wonder why we don't just do this normally, seeing as we hardly ever see each other in person! 

Gas is $1.00 or less in most places around Ankeny which is just crazy!  I don't think I've ever seen it this low in my entire life!  How low is it going to go??

I continue to try to look for the good and remain postitive, but that is easier some days that others.  I enjoy sending and receiving video messages from friends and family and all the fun text messages as well.

In the US, there are currently 762,896 cases of Coronavirus and 40,495 deaths. 
Madi during learning time with the older kids, taking comfort in sucking on her blankies.

Zach got some new Avengers outfits and has really loved them!  He calls this one, "Hulk gentle."

Hulk Faces :)


12 hrs apart, Friday morning and Friday evening.




No comments:

Post a Comment