Sunday, April 12, 2020

COVID-19: Social Isolation Week 4

Overall this has been a pretty good week, despite the fact that Jon had to work (from home) several times this week from 8pm-midnight.  He is leading an internal audit on a factory in Thailand right now and, since they can't be there in person, they had to change up some of the hours they were working in order to match up with the workers in Thailand.  So that wasn't awesome but, once again, overall it's been a pretty good week.  The kids did better with school work and assignments, I feel like I was able to get into my groove with all four kids and their different needs better, and we had some really nice weather!

We were able to get outside a lot this week for walks, bike-rides, playing in the yard, and even swimming.  On Tuesday, we had one day of summer weather!  It got up to 82 degrees and the sun was shining and it was beautiful.  The kids all spent hours playing outside and swimming in our little kiddie pool.  It amazing how much fun they can still all have in such a little pool!  

The new recommendation is that everyone wear masks out in public now, so grocery shopping has been even more strange.  I feel so awkward wearing a mask and it kind of freaks me out and makes me feel more afraid somehow.  Its like wearing it is admitting that I need to be afraid of something, and that makes me be afraid.  I push through it by just avoiding all eye contact with anyone at the store and hurrying as fast as I can.  

The rate of new cases seems to be leveling off in New York, which has been called the epicenter for the US, so that is some hopeful news.  They are also hopeful that the number of deaths they originally projected was much higher than it will end up being! I'm really hoping that this all settles down and life gets back to somewhat normal soon!  We participated in a multi-religion whole world fast requested by President Nelson on Good Friday this week for relief from the virus.  Now I just need to continue to have faith that everything will work out!

I had a friend drop by and bring me some delicious reeces peanut butter cheesecake on Saturday and we had a nice conversation- 6 feet apart.  It was really nice to talk to friend face to face for a little bit! 

Saturday night we played another round of Codenames with some some family members and it was good times!  It always helps calm the crazy in my brain!  

There are currently 557,217 cases reported in the US and 21,954 deaths. 






Katie has turned our "read with mom" time into braiding practice time and is always sitting behind me on the couch braiding my hair into all sorts of creations. :)

Katie made this headband one day during our craft time.

Madi dressed herself up and was so proud :)













No comments:

Post a Comment