Thursday, August 17, 2017

Colton Turns 6!

 

My oldest child is six years old!  This boy made me a mom and he will always have that special place in my heart.  He is full of energy and imagination.  He is super smart!  He loves legos and he can do sets meant for much older kids with hardly any problems!  Sometimes he asks me for help and I can't even figure it out, (I'm terrible with legos/following the directions in the booklets) but then he will amaze me and figure it out on his own.  He also still loves dinosaurs quite a bit.  That love hasn't died down in years, but he has made room in his heart to include a love for legos and, recently, sharks.  He loves telling stories.  Recently we had a raccoon come into our yard and Colton found it so exciting that he literally told every single person we saw for the next two weeks the story of the raccoon on our porch.  His favorite show right now is Lego Jurassic World because, obviously, it has both legos and dinosaurs.  He has been begging all of us to watch it with him so I finally gave in and he was so happy!  He narrated the entire thing for me telling me what was happening and what was going to come next.  When Colton grows up he wants to be a marine biologist, paleontologist, and an zoologist.   Oh and he's also going to be an artist for fun too :)

Colton's birthday was on Saturday this year and on Friday I surprised the kids and took them to the zoo.  They were all very happy.  We had a fun time, even though the train was broken and it was crazy hot!  I was even a nice mom and let the kids feed the giraffes and ride the carousel since it was Colton's birthday.



Colton's favorite, any large reptile!  

Zach LOVED feeding the sheep!





For his birthday I gave him the choice of going on a fun family day trip, going to MN and having a party with cousins, or having a party with friends, and he chose a party with friends.  I don't mind throwing parties but I was really hoping he would choose something else this time since we had just moved in and didn't know a lot of people.  We were still able to get some kids to come, though, and I think it turned out to be a fun party!  He chose, once again, to have a dinosaur party.  We made playdough fossil prints, hunted and then excavated some soda dinosaur eggs, and then played in the water.

Making Colton's favorite, golden pancakes (different pancakes), for his birthday breakfast!

Birthday morning



My first tiered birthday cake!  Not perfect by any means but it saved us $50 off the store bought one he wanted!








We love our Colton and are so happy he is part of our family!



No comments:

Post a Comment