Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Halloween

I love Fall!  I love the weather, the changing leaves, parties, and dressing my kids up for Trick or Treating!  We knew that we were gonna have a baby in the middle of the season this year so we did our best to make the most of it before and after!
Before Zach came, the kids and I went to a Trick or Treat story time at the library, had friends over for a sugar cookie decorating party, painted leaves, and the whole family went out to a local pumpkin patch for festivities and to pick out pumpkins to paint!  






We were super lucky to have both Jon's mom and my mom here after Zach was born to help out and the added bonus was that my mom stayed home and watched Zach and handed out candy while Jon and I got to walk around the neighborhood trick-or-treating with the kids!  It was a fun family experience.  The kids loved it and I have never been trick-or-treating in such a fun and friendly neighborhood.  Almost every house was decorated, some to the extreme with screens playing dancing skeletons or Halloween movies in the windows.  We didn't have to knock on any doors because everyone sat out in their driveways to hand out candy!  One house was even handing out freshly grilled hot dogs to all the adults!  It was pretty awesome :)  I bought Halloween costumes on clearance last year so the kids had a couple options to pick from but Colton, no surprise wanted to be a dinosaur/dragon this year again and Katie opted for the cowgirl (out of princess, superhero, and cowgirl).   









 It was a fun year and I'm so glad I still got to participate in a lot of the festivities!

No comments:

Post a Comment