Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Happy Fourth Birthday Colton!!

Four years ago today, a little red-headed baby boy came into the world and made Jon and I parents.  He has made our lives a lot of fun and is a great older brother to his little sister.  Colton is a very creative little boy.  He love coloring, dinosaurs, trains, building things, airplanes, and pretty much all boy stuff.  He LOVES babies and is always wanting to hold and take care of and little baby he sees.  He hates the vacuum and other super loud things like automatic hand dryers.  His favorite foods are popcorn, chips, taco salad, and watermelon.  He's got a fun little personality and we definitely love our goofy little dinosaur-obsessed boy!

A couple days before we left Iowa, I threw an early bday party for Colton.  I wasn't planning on doing that, since we were pretty busy with all of the packing, but when I realized we'd be getting to NC just a few days before his birthday I realized chances for a party on his actual birthday were pretty low.  So I kept it pretty low-key, but we had his friends over for a dinosaur scavenger hunt, dinosaur donuts (since Colton agrees that donuts are way better than cake), and a water party.  It was lots of fun and nice to get a chance to spend time with friends before we moved.  We had some awesome friends in Iowa and we will definitely miss them all lots!!




Today, on Colton's actual birthday, we kept things pretty simple.  I tried to make it a fun day- we got some balloons, played in the kiddie pool, and had a cake and some presents.  I also made Colton's favorite dinner- taco salad.  He has been so funny about it- almost every night he says to me, "Mom, I really hope we can have taco salad for dinner.  It's my favorite dinner!"  For Colton's cake, he really wanted a Paw Patrol cupcake cake he saw at the store.  The thing is, he never even eats the cake- he only ever licks off the frosting and then he's done, and Jon and I don't even like cake very much!  So, I gave him a choice of a couple different ice-cream cakes (Yum!) and I bought some Paw patrol treats to put on top.  He still loved his "Paw Patrol Cake" and I loved it too!  Win, win!  I don't know if this makes me selfish or super-mom...but I lean towards the latter :)

He had a little bit of a hard time getting happy again after his nap...










No comments:

Post a Comment