Thursday, September 4, 2014

Colton's Dinosaur Birthday Bash!


I cannot believe my little boy is 3 years old!  He is so full of energy and imagination!  This year, we celebrated his birthday a month early in June.  We are always gone on vacation during his actual birthday and I felt bad not giving him a birthday party with all of his little friends- especially since he LOVES birthday parties.  Every time he sees a balloon or cake he explains, "Oh!  Birthday Party!  Friends!" 
Birthday Party Invite

Party Reminder

I feel like I was pretty creative for his party- which is saying a lot for me.  We did a Prehistoric/Dinosaur theme, since he is still obsessed with the beasts, and I think it turned out really well!  We watched Land Before Time as guests arrived.  When everyone was there, we gave each kid a pair of binoculars (homemade from green duct tape and toilet paper rolls :)  and we went to the backyard for a dinosaur egg hunt.  I had taken a bunch of easter eggs and filled them with plastic dinosaurs, dinosaur stickers, and candy and hidden them throughout the yard.  The kids loved it!  After they searched through the spoils of their hunt for a few minutes we sang "Happy Birthday" and cut the dinosaur cake.  It was no pinterest quality, but Colton loved it and it tasted pretty good, so that's all I really care about!  After cake and presents we filled up the pool (a birthday present from his Grandma & Grandpa Day) and turned on the sprinklers for the kids to play.  It was lots of fun and I really enjoyed planning it for him!  I'm excited for the next party, although I'm pretty sure with the way things are going- he's just gonna want dinosaurs again!



The roar.




No comments:

Post a Comment